The purpose of the HALIFAX ACADEMY Dress Code is to promote respect for self and others, to maintain an educational atmosphere where learning will not be hindered, and to ensure the safety of everyone while still allowing for self expression. Class-specific attire may be required, and the dress code may be modified to accommodate extra curricular activities and the wearing of school approved uniforms. To accomplish this goal, the following guidelines are in effect:
- Uniform shirts, pants, shorts, and skirts are required.
- Undergarments must be covered. All shirts, skirts, dresses, pants and shorts must cover undergarments.
- Pants and shorts must be properly fastened so that the waistband remains on or above the hips and completely covers the underwear.
- The length of garments should be at or below mid-thigh.
- Apparel and headwear depicting and/or promoting alcohol, tobacco products, drugs, profanity, sexual innuendos or interest groups which encourage hate crimes, as defined by state statutes, are not to be worn.
- Sunglasses represent a safety hazard and are not to be worn indoors. They will be confiscated. If medically necessary a doctor’s note must be on file.
- Bridged or spiked rings, spiked collars or belts, wallet chains, and loose chains represent a safety hazard and may not be worn at school.
- Shoes must be worn at school at all times. All footwear must have a back or back strap on them. Bedroom slippers and other footwear not generally worn in public may not be worn in school.
- Violations of the dress code will result in detention. Compliance with the student dress code will be monitored by school staff throughout the day.
Halifax Academy, 386-252-9557, 275 N. Williamson Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
*Halifax Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services, or activities
Content copyright 2013. Halifaxacad. All rights reserved.